Sunday, March 17, 2013

New Year

After participating in the event of striking the Night-watch bell for 108 times, it's time to welcome the year 2013. Despite of the crazy cold weather, I still decided to proceed to pay my respect at 'Yasaka Shrine'. In Japan, the first visit to a shrine each and every year is also known as 'Hatsumoode'. The locals will pray for their well-being for the upcoming year on this visit.

Despite of the cold weather, the shrine still managed to attract
the attention of a lot of visitors. (In fact, on that very night,
there might be more than 100,000 visitors paying their respect at
the 'Yasaka Shrine'.)

After paying their respect at the shrine, most people will either
buy a lucky amulet, known as 'Omamori', or paper fortune lots, known
as 'Omikuji'. (I, myself have went ahead with the 'Omikuji'. O.OV)

After that, I decided to give some of the food stalls located
within the shrine compound a try.
(What amazed me the most, was the fact that there was this
Indian selling spicy Indian food within the shrine compound.
And trust me, by eating spicy food during a cold weather can
really help you a lot.)

After filling up my stomach with lots of food, it's time for me to return to my hotel. By the time I reached the hotel, it's like 4am in the morning and there's a big surprise waiting for me when I woke up... to be continued.

* Click here to find out more about 'Yasaka Shrine'.

No comments:

Post a Comment